Saturday, November 7, 2009

And now for something different - Revolvers and ICORE

It was a gorgeous fall day in western Virginia today and what better way to spend it than at a friendly pistol match with friends?! Although some participants couldn't believe I owned a revolver I decided to come see what this ICORE was all about. So out came my 5" S&W (a birthday present from my Dad on my 40th) and with a borrowed holster and moon clip carrier I was ready to go.

Here Adam shows how to go at it and make some smoke.

I'm pretty sure I provided plenty of entertainment to the regular crowd but what I discovered was that for whatever reason I really concentrated on sight picture and trigger control. It showed when you didn't and trying to get A's or B's and not C's or "Mikes" proved to focus the mind wonderfully. Think of it as therapy for the average guy.

As you can tell from the photos, everyone had a good time. By all means come give it a try when we resume in 2010. And start practicing those reloads now.

Dave gets that Open gun ready to roll while Lewis enjoys the peanut gallery.


Just about any revolver will do.


People come from near and far.


As usual there are plenty of tips, tricks and critiques shared by all. Come see what the wheelgun crowd is up to on the 1st Saturday of each month (except December). You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment